Sunday, March 27, 2011

Midday Gourmet Deli

5501 W 86th St # G Indianapolis,IN 46268
Midday Gourmet Deli


Sorry for the delay again. It has been a pretty busy couple weeks. Be prepared for a slew of new posts here in the next couple days. My brother introduced me to this little sandwich place when I first started my job, as it was one of his go-to restaurants to dine during lunch. They are only open for weekday lunches from 11am to 2:30pm. The restaurant isn't very big, but I have never had a problem getting a table. The service is very quick. You walk up to the counter, place your order, and within 5 minutes they bring it to you. The do a good job catering to the work crowd, as they get you in and out pretty quickly. 


I decided to go with the daily lunch special, the Rachel. The Rachel is like a Reuben, but it is pastrami instead of corned beef, and cole slaw instead of sauerkraut. In my next post, I speak at length about my affinity for the Reuben Sandwich.  The lunch special included chips and a drink. The sandwich itself was pretty average. I have had better food at Midday. The meat tasted fresh and I really liked the sourdough bread as it was nicely toasted. The sandwich just didn't blow me away. I probably wouldn't order it again.  I think it was the cole slaw. I am very particular about my cole slaw. I do like a creamier slaw as opposed to a more vinegar based slaw. I also like the cabbage chopped more fine instead of longer strands of cabbage. There was a nice crunch to the sandwich, which I enjoy, but the slaw just didn't add a whole lot of flavor. The thousand island was not too overpowering


I will definitely come back, as they have a delicious egg salad which is a great option for you Catholics out there that need a non-meat option during Lent. 


“Civilization has taught us to EAt with a fork, but even now if nobody is around we use our fingers.” - Will Rogers
Midday Gourmet Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment